Attention sweet treat lovers. We've partnered up with Luce Hosier, a plant-based recipe developer and foodie videographer to bring you her ultimate comfort food recipe - a vegan brownie skillet. Just think rich, chocolatey goodness that's crisp on the outside and gooey in the centre.
This recipe requires minimal washing up and is super easy to make.
Cue the food coma...
- 200g melted dairy free butter
- 180g light brown sugar
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g cacao powder
- 100g dark chocolate chunks
- 60g crushed hazelnuts
- 50g crushed pecans
- 30g white chocolate chunks (dairy free)
- Ice cream to serve (optional)
Vegan Brownie Skillet
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180c and greasing a skillet or baking tin.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with the sugar, then add the melted chocolate and combine.
- Add the vanilla extract, combine and then add the flour, baking powder and cacao powder. Combine well.
- Add1/2 of the dark chocolate chunks and1/2 of the hazelnuts and pecans. Fold them through the mixture before emptying into the skillet.
- Flatten the mixture down covering the whole surface and then top with the remaining dark chocolate chunks, nuts and white chocolate chunks.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving with ice cream. Enjoy.
More comfort food recipes coming your way... Stay tuned for the good stuff.