Vegan Banana Pancakes
Get ready, set, flip... We've partnered up with The Venetian Pantry to bring you a delicious vegan, banana pancake recipe that's super easy to make.
- Recipe makes four pancakes
- Prep time: ten mins
- Cooking time: three mins
Feel free to swap normal self-raising flour with a gluten-free one, and oat milk with your favourite plant-based milk. Just don’t skip on the spices, they are the secret ingredients to give the pancakes that signature yolky colour.
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 gr self-raising flour (self-raising gluten-free flour works just as well!)
- 120/130 ml oat milk (or other alternative milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 drops of orange essence (or vanilla essence)
- Peel and mash the banana in a bowl using the back of a fork
- Add all the wet ingredients to the banana, mixing to incorporate
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ones and gently combine them together, until you obtain a runny batter. Add a splash of milk if the batter is looking too solid.
- Scoop a dollop of batter into the centre of a hot pan placed over medium heat. Wait for about two minutes, until the sides of the pancake look solid and the surface is bubbling.
- Flip the pancake and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve the pancakes with a generous pour of maple syrup and some sliced banana, pecans and candied orange peel. Or go wild and add your favourite toppings.
A step-by-step guide to morning facial massage
When you sleep in cloud-like comfort, the term ‘rise and shine’ can be easier said than done. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Nicole Campbell-Watson from @ncwskinnutrition to bring you an invigorat...Read more
We've partnered up with Borja Moronta an Edinburgh-based potter, who shows us how to make his best selling, tapered coffee cups.Read more