Comfort Food & Drink: Easy Cheesy Croissants
Here at Bedfolk HQ, there's nothing we love more than a slow weekend morning accompanied by a delicious breakfast (in bed, of course). So, we’ve partnered up with foodie Gayle Chapman to bring you her simple yet super tasty, Easy Cheesy Croissants.
It's a slow weekend must-have that'll have your kitchen smelling like an artisan bakery... dreamy.
Gayle's top tip: prep the night before and simply pop in the oven for 25 mins in the morning (cue those extra-long lie-ins).
Easy Cheesy Croissants
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Roll of puff pastry
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon
- 6 Slices of Emmental cheese
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 egg, beaten
2. Cut six thin slices of tomato and set them aside, then finely dice the remaining tomato and microwave in a bowl with a pinch of salt on high heat for 40 seconds. Stir then add in the cornflour, stir again and then microwave for another 40 seconds.
It's all about the filling
5. Bake in the hot oven for 25 minutes until crispy and golden. These are best eaten fresh and warm from the oven.
6. Tuck in!
- These are also great served for lunch with a side salad.
- They can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
- If prepping the night before, assemble everything except the egg wash then cover and refrigerate. Lightly brush with beaten egg before baking.
- To reheat, place in a hot oven for a few minutes and enjoy.
Stay tuned for more delicious comfort food recipes.
Follow Gayle on Instagram.