Healthy Peach Crisp With Granola
At Bedfolk HQ we love nothing better than slow weekend mornings followed by a delicious brunch. So we've teamed up with Tina Jui, cook, writer and photographer at The Worktop, to bring you some of our favourite recipes.
This is an easy recipe for Healthy Peach Crisp that uses pre-made granola. It requires little effort, so is perfect for busy weekends! It can be served hot or cold - we love the crunch straight from the oven, served with a coffee.
Not much can go wrong with this one, but we've shared a few tips below (including substitutes for vegan and gluten free versions).
Prep Time | 15 minutes
Cook Time | 25 minutes
Serving | 8
- 6 medium firm peaches (about 800 grams) - peeled, stone removed, and cut into 8 slices each (see notes for a quick method for peeling peaches)
- 30 millilitres lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 25-50 grams brown sugar (dependent on preferred sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 250 grams granola (use GF for GF option)
- 15 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- Yogurt (use vegan yogurt for vegan option) - for serving
How to make
Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C. Grease an 8-inch (20-cm) pie tin with oil.
In a large bowl, combine the arrow root powder and lemon juice together to form a slurry. Stir in the brown sugar, vanilla extract and ground ginger.
Add in the peaches and toss to coat.
Pour the peaches into the pie tin. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the peaches have started to soften. The exact time will depend on how ripe your peaches are.
In the meantime, in a medium bowl, combine the granola with the olive oil.
When the peaches have started to soften, remove from the oven and give them a good stir. Top with the granola mixture, and lightly press the granola into the pie tin with the back of a spoon.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F / 175°C. Return the pie tin to the middle rack of the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the peaches have softened to your preference. If the granola starts to brown too quickly, cover the pie tin with aluminium foil and continue baking.
- Serve warm or cold. With or without a yogurt of your choice.
To quickly peel peaches: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in the peaches and cook for 1 minute. Remove peaches and immediately plunge in cold water. The peel should slide off easily.
This recipe first appeared on www.theworktop.com