At Bedfolk HQ we love nothing better than slow weekend mornings followed by a delicious brunch. So we've teamed up with Tina Jui, cook, writer and photographer at The Worktop, to bring you some of our favourite recipes.
These orange and ricotta pancakes are so soft and light, with a boost of citrus to brighten your morning.
When it comes to eating them (the best bit), Tina recommends pouring on the orange syrup and letting it sit for a minute or two, to really seep into the pancakes.
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Cook Time | 35 minutes
Serving | 16 pancakes
Orange & Ricotta Pancakes
- 225g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 400ml buttermilk
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 75g caster sugar
- 170g ricotta cheese
- zest of 1/2 an orange
Quick Orange Syrup
- 240ml orange juice
- 240ml water
- 225g granulated sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch of salt
How to make
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until a soft peak forms. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, ricotta cheese and zest.
- Make a well in the dry mixture, and add the egg yolk mixture. Mix everything together, until just combined. A few lumps will remain. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the bowl.
- Heat a skillet to medium-low heat. Drop pancakes by the 1/4 cup, and cook for about 4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
The quick orange syrup
- As you are cooking the pancakes, make the orange syrup. Mix everything together in a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before serving with the orange and ricotta pancakes.
This recipe first appeared on www.theworktop.com